The alternator is one of the most important parts of your Kia vehicle's charging system, since it provides the electricity that your battery, various accessories, and many systems need.
How Alternators Work
Put simply, the alternator takes the mechanical energy from the engine and converts it into the electricity. It does that by converting the vertical motion of the pistons into rotary motion that moves a drive belt attached to a pulley on the rotor shaft. Coils inside the rotor create a magnetic field, which a rectifier collects as AC power. Then rectifier then turns that into the DC power that your battery, wipers, radio, power windows, and more parts use.
What are the Symptoms of a Bad Alternator?
Over time, your alternator may start to go bad or show signs of failure. If that time should come, you'll want to replace it. The good news is that a bad alternator is easy to recognize. Signs to watch out for include:
- Dimming or flickering headlights
- Whining noises coming from the engine
- The entertainment system or electronics start to act up
- The smell of burning rubber
- The battery warning light pops up on the dash
- Your battery is dead
Choose a Genuine Kia Alternator Online
Genuine Kia parts are guaranteed to be the best fit for your model. If you need to place a parts order, our team can help. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions about the OEM auto parts in our catalog. Otherwise, we'll ship out your order ASAP. Buy now and save!
- Forte Koup,
No results found for "alternator". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!